- 1.5 litres (6 cups) dashi
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 chicken breast fillets (400g)
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 300g dried udon noodles
- 230g can sliced bamboo shoots, rinsed, drained
- 8 large spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Bring dashi, sauce, mirin and sugar to the boil in large saucepan; add chicken and mushrooms, return to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Cool chicken and mushrooms in cooking liquid 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, slice thinly. Reserve mushroom and dashi broth.
- Read More >>