These Korean oven-roasted chicken wings are good for almost any occasion. They are good as an appetizer or a main dish, as a drinking snack (anju), as a casual meal or part of a picnic, and as part of a large celebratory dinner. Tongdak chicken wings are juicy, spicy, and sweet, and it's impossible to just eat one.
- 2 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp red pepper paste (kochujang)
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce (everything but the chicken).
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour in the sauce (a few hours is better).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heated pan on the stove, brown the chicken on all sides, reserving the marinade for later.
- Read More >>