- 1 packet of Saz?n with coriander and annatto
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 6 diced large Stuffed Olives
- 1 package Discos (frozen turnover dough)-Yellow or White
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon of Sofrito-Oil
- First, pour oil in a heated skillet on medium. Cook beef, stir until it turns brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir except the discos and oil.
- Let it simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Finally, roll the discos out to about 1/2-inch larger in diameter.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center, fold over moisten the edges with a little water, use a fork to seal close.
- In a deep sauce pan or a deep fryer on medium heat pour 2-1/2 inches of oil.
- Cook empanadas in batches, turning them to brown on both sides. Use paper towels to drain off any excess oil.
- Read More >>