- 2 1/2 lbs. Zuccini
- 1/4 cup Lean ground meat
- 1 cup Rice
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon
- 4 Peeled, chopped, seeded, medium size tomatoes
- 16 oz. Tomato sauce
- Clean the zuccini. Cut one end and make a hole through the zuccini, leaving 1/4 inch at the end, taking all the seeds from inside.
- Mix meat, rinsed and drained rice, dash of salt, pepper and cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions.
- Stuff the zuccini with the meat mixture. Fry them with 2 tablespoons shortening till lightly brown.
- Add tomato, chopped and sauce, and more water just till covered. Let boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and let cook till done, about 30 minutes. If some of the stuffing is left, add it to the sauce before cooking.
- Read More >>