picture of http://greatrecipes.netfirms.com
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pared sliced carrot
- 1 cup pared diced potato
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen peas
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans (10¾-oz size) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 cups grated sharp natural Cheddar cheese (¾ lb)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup croutons, optional
- In hot margarine in 3-quart saucepan, cook vegetables, covered and stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in flour; mix well. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until cheese has melted.
- Gradually add milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring just to boiling, but do not boil.
- Sprinkle with parsley; serve with croutons.
- Read More >>