picture of http://adhi.widjajanto.net
Pindang Patin comes from Sumatra, particularly from the provinces of Lampung, Pekanbaru, Jambi, and Palembang. In general, Pindang Patin can be regarded as a typical food of Melayu People. In fact, this menu is a popular menu in Sumatera. It is also more Popular than beyond carp or goldfish menu.
Patin fish native habitat is along the Musi River, but now widely cultivated in the ponds, so that the menu of this type can also be easily found in other areas of South Sumatra.
Patin Fish are fish that live in fresh water and more like a fish Catfish. The difference, Patin fish fatter and gentle, with a blackish color on the upper body and white bottom of her body. Pindang Patin or Melayu’s Pindang generally different with Pindang from other regions, such as Pindang Jakarta. If Pindang Jakarta using soy sauce, then the Melayu’s Pindang using red chili and tomatoes. It was too sweet, spicy, and sour mixed into one. Apart from tomatoes, sour taste can also be changed by adding pineapple to the Pindang. Basil leaves are also added to enhance the aroma of which increases our sense of time will enjoy it.
With the same recipe, Patin Fish can also be replaced with a Belida fish, BAUNG fish, or beef ribs. In addition to the typical Jakarta with his Pindang milkfish and Sumatra with his Pindang Patin, also known as Java Pindang the main ingredient is beef flavored by keluak. Here I present Pindang Patin recipe, please try.
Pindang Patin Recipe
- 2 Patin fish, each cut into 3 parts (can be replaced with Belida fish or Baung Fish)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white taken, crushed
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, cut into pieces (can be added in number, according to taste)
- 8 pieces red small chili, left whole (can be added or subtracted, according to taste)
- 5 tbsp soy sauce (can be added or subtracted, according to taste)
- 3 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 2 ½ tsp brown sugar, sliced
- 1 red tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 2 green tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp acid Java
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 leek, cut into pieces
- 1500 ml of water
Spices (ground fine):
- 6 red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 small red chilli
- Coat Fish with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp salt
- Boil the grounded Spices, bay leaves, lemon grass, ginger, red chili, cayenne pepper, and water until fragrant
- Enter Patin Fish, add the soy sauce, salt, pepper powder, and brown sugar. Boil until boiling.
- Enter the red tomatoes, green tomatoes, tamarind juice, basil, and scallions. Boil until cooked to perfection, do not let the water run out.
- Serve it.