- 300 g flesh of Spanish mackerels, grinded
- 100 cc warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g sago palm flour
- 100 g wheat flour
- 6 eggs, broke into a bowl
- 750 cc water
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 150 g sugar
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cucumbers cut into cube sized pieces
- 100 g wet noodles
- 150 g dried shrimps, grinded
- Mix flesh of fish, warm water and salt. Add sago palm flour and wheat flour little by little while mixing until it is mixed.
- Form it oval (about 75 g); make a hole in the middle by point finger. Then turn it around while pressed until it becomes a pocket and put some broke raw egg in. Shut and close the hole tightly.
- Boil some water and put pempek one by one. Wait pempek until it floats at the surface. Take them out and drained.
- Soup: Boil some water. Put in garlic, chilies, soy sauce, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Boil them and sugar was soluble. Filter the dregs. Add vinegar and mix it.
- Fry pempek in much oil enough. Take them out and drain when they are brownish.
- Serving: Cut fried pempek into bite sized pieces and put in a plate. Add noodles and cucumbers above them and pour the soup. Pempek kapal selam is ready to be offered.
- Read More >>