- 4 firm ripe bartlett pears
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 2/3cup (150 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2cups (375 mL) 2% reduced fat milk or homogenized milk
- 4 egg
- 3tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 1tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2tbsp (25 mL) salted butter, diced
- 1tbs icing sugar
- Peel and core pears; cut into wedges. In bowl, toss pears with lemon juice. Arrange in greased 11- x 7-inch (2 L) glass baking dish; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk flour with sugar. Whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla; whisk into flour mixture. Pour over pears; dot with butter.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until pears are tender and custard is puffed, set and golden, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar; broil until bubbly and glazed, about 1 minute. Let cool on rack for 15 minutes before serving, Read More >>