- 500 g yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 or 2 diced cucumbers (diced is far better than grated, although at many restaurants they grate them)
- a couple of spoonfuls chopped dill
- salt, vinegar and oil to taste
- optional: a couple of spoonfuls chopped walnuts
- Mix all the ingredients and serve cold in a soup dish. Use enough water so the soup is about the consistency of milk. Add a couple ice cubes if it's not cold.
- If you use all of the above ingredients without the water and strain the yogurt until it becomes half in volume, you can make a salad. It is cold suh tarator (dry tarator), or Snezhanka (Snow White) or mlechna salata (yogurt salad).
- Read More >>