picture of http://chefdebbie.blogspot.com
- 1 quart Jamaican okra, washed and sliced
- 1 cup young fresh lima beans
- 1 cup fresh Jamaican corn kernels
- 3 large Jamaican tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and seed Jamaican tomatoes; cut into small pieces and place in a large, non-reactive sauce pan, stock pot or Dutch oven.
- Add sliced Jamaican okra, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add lima beans; simmer for another 15 minutes, then add the Jamaican corn.
- Cook 20 minutes longer; add butter and stir. Serve as a side dish.
- Read More >>