24 April 2010

Brownie Pops

Dear readers, good day! I am so glad to announce that today is my blog’s first anniversary! I can’t believe it, time certainly does fly when you are having fun! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the readers of Seasaltwithfood for supporting and leaving many nice comments on my blog. Not to mentioned as well, many emails with wonderful ideas and encouragements. I appreciated the kindness and will certainly continue to share as much recipes possible. Thanks!

FYI: One of my readers have also been so kind to bring to my attention recently that a certain new blog based in the UK, http://www.recipeideas.org.uk/, have been blatantly plagiarizing contents from my blog. Shocking! So, do you reckon that is some form of recognition that I must be doing something right? What do you think? Should I be flattered or upset that someone has made such an effort to steal my postings? Anyway, I hope the owners’ of that blog will read this and have some dignity to stop ripping off my work. Very disgraceful, don't you think so?

Anyway, I was rather busy the past few weeks and did not plan for any celebration for my blog’s first anniversary. Then, my two lovely kids thought they will make something pretty and sweet for me. I decided to have them make these cute brownie pops. It’s easy and a fun little project in the kitchen for them. So, keep those ideas and comments coming. Enjoy the recipe.



Ingredients

1 Brownie Buttons recipe
Brownie Pop Mold/Miniature Muffin Pan
Cookie Sticks/Lollipop Sticks
Candy and Chocolate Sprinkles



Grated Zest of 1/2 Orange
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Stick (4 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
2 1/1 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 Cup (packed) Light Brown Sugar (I used 1/4 Cup)
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg

For the Glaze
2 oz Bittersweet/Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Method
Preheat the oven to 350˚F.

Combine the orange zest with sugar. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt.

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate and brown sugar over a very low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and remove from the heat and cool for about 2 minutes.

Then stir in the vanilla, egg and orange zest into the chocolate mixture. Stir until well blended. Add the flour and stir only until it is incorporated. The batter should be smooth and glossy.

Spoon the batter into the mold and bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the tops of the brownie spring back when touched. Transfer the mold to racks to cool for 3 minutes before carefully releasing the brownies. Cool to room temperature on the racks.

To assemble to Brownie Pops: Insert a cookie/lolly stick into the brownie. Dip the brownie pop into the melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.

Refrigerate the brownie pops for 15 minutes to set the glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment