picture of vinezz.wordpress.com
Bika Ambon is a kind of cake from Indonesia. Made from materials such as eggs, sugar and coconut milk, Bika Ambon generally sold in the sense of pandanus, although now available also other flavors like durian, cheese, chocolate.
Bika Ambon origins are not known clearly. Although the name contains the word "Ambon", Bika Ambon known as souvenirs typical of Medan. Mojopahit Street, Medan Petisah is a most famous sales region of Bika Ambon in Medan, North Sumatera. There are at least 40 stores that sell this kind of cake.
Bika Ambon usually can survive in the best condition for about 4 days, because after that the cake is beginning to harden.
- Take 5o ml water, add the yeast and i tablespoon of sugar. Mix in 50 g of the glutinous rice flour, stir and leave to stand until foamy bubbles form on the surface
- Add another 50 ml water i tablespoon of sugar and 50g of the glutinous rice flour, mix thoroughly and leave to stand for approximately 30-45 minutes
- Repeat the last step another two times
- 600 ml coconut milk, boiled with 10 pieces of kaffir lime leaves, boil until oily. Cool
- 20 egg yolks
- 10 egg whites
- 800 gr white sugar
- 400 gr glutinous rice flour
- a little vegetable oil
- Beat the egg yolks and egg whites for 10 minutes until thick and fluffy
- Add the glutinous rice flour and Dough I
- Mix thoroughly then add the coconut milk
- Leave in a warm place to rise for about 3 ½ hours until foamy
- Place sand on an oven tray and heat in the oven at a 180 ° Celsius together with a springform which has been greased
- When the springform is heated take out of the oven and pour the cake mixture into the baking form
- Place into the oven leaving the oven door ajar
- When little holes form on top of the cake place a lid on top of the springform
- When the cake is almost done turn on the top grill and take off the lid. Leaving the door ajar grill the cake until a golden brown on top
- Bake for another 20 minutes with the door closed