picture of www.indonesianfoodonline.com
Sate of this type comes from Padang City. But do not hope you can find Sate Padang in his hometown, because in Padang, Sate Padang just called satay. So, you can only find Sate Padang in the outside of Padang/West Sumatra. Although known by the name of Sate Padang, but if you really trace this type of satay comes from Pariaman, West Sumatra (Sate Pariaman).
Sate made from beef cuts and innards. From the looks, as if the satay was dry because the meat was not marinated spices before baking, but boiled in broth with spices. But if we eat, actually very tender satay because before burning, the meat is first boiled until cooked. Thus, the purpose of roasting meat/sate not for cooking, but only to get the smell of roast.
Sate Padang specialty lies in the extraordinary sauces good, biting the seasonings, especially if we ate sate in the area of origin, Padang and surrounding areas. Once outside West Sumatra, had reduced bite levels due to the taste of some area people.Sauce not made of peanuts, but the broth mixed with spices and thicken rice flour. The Sauce has yellow-brown color, gravy and served with pieces of lontong.
- 150 grams of beef tongue, boiled, diced
- 150 grams of beef lungs, poached, diced
- 150 grams of beef liver, cooked, diced
- 400 grams of meat Brisket
- 1000 ml of water to boil the meat
- 1 bay turmeric leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, take the middle, crushed
- 1 kandis tamarind
- 40 grams of rice flour and 50 ml of water, diluted to thickening
- 2 tbsp fried onions
- 10 red onions
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 3 cm turmeric, roasted
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 cm galangal
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
How to Make Sate Padang:
- Meat and water boiled until the meat is tender, then diced, then take 750 ml of water gravy, if still less add water.
- Add the beef tongue, liver, lung, soft spices, turmeric leaf, lemon grass, and kandis tamarind, and boil over low heat until the broth remaining 500 ml.
- Separate the meat, then skew the liver, lung, cow's tongue cubes alternately.
- Boil again gravy, thicken with rice flour solution and cook, stirring frequently, until bubbling.
- Bake satay until fragrant
- Serve satay with sauce and sprinkled fried onions