17 October 2012

CRISPY SEMPRONG ORIGINAL (INDONESIAN EGGROLL)

Semprong is a crunchy snack that always tempting my tongue to enjoy them. I like it since I was a kid until now. When I got to enjoy the snack with my kids, I still feel like enjoying semprong with my friends and my brothers in my hometown.

In childhood, I only know how to enjoy and spend a can of Semprong in front of me. Now, when I started to teach my children about how to live a life that filled with colorful favor from Allah SWT and how to grateful. Sometimes I and My wife interested in making Semprong cakes and also enjoying together with my daughters.

Semprong cake making is actually quite easy and simple, but if we are less experienced, it will be very difficult. Sometimes burnt, sometimes soft when it should be crisp. From the recipe books we've read, here's a recipe that I can share.



Ingredients:

3 eggs
150 grams of sugar flour
225 grams of rice flour, sifted
4 tablespoons of sago flour, sifted
175 ml coconut milk from half coconut
4 teaspoons margarine, melted
40 grams of sesame
1/4 teaspoon salt

How to Make:

1. Beat eggs and sugar until thick flour. Add rice flour and sago flour that has been sifted, then stir well.
2. Enter the coconut milk and melted margarine. Stir well. Add sesame seeds and salt. Stir well.
3. Heat Semprong cookie mold. Pour 1 tablespoon of dough into the mold. Cover it with other side of mold. Heat over low heat while inverted until the cake is almost dry.
4. Open mold, then immediately roll with chopsticks or can be set up according to your taste. Let stand until cool and crisp.



Tips:

1. If cooking with fire, more easily if using ember, not flame.
2. There are also molds that use power with better results, because the heat is evenly and scalable.

2 comments:

kacper@tastyquery.com/ said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!

Julia said...

Hi!
I found your great website and we would love to feature it!! I work with www.TheBesty.com which helps people all over the world find the best restaurants & food. Simply email me back the names and cities of 5-10 restaurants locally or anywhere in the world - that you think are the BEST, and we'll feature your picks & link to your website, so our users can find you! We work with websites & blogs in over 50 countries, it would be great to work with yours as well!
A few of our celebrity users include: Anthony Bourdain, Guy Fieri, and Rachael Ray!
Featured Blogs: http://www.thebesty.com/search/blogs
Also, we would love to feature an article about your site, so if you would like to do a write-up about how your website got started, with any fun tidbits about yourself, send that my way and I’ll have our content team post it for you, FB it & tweet it! - any length works! :) Try to send your 5-10 favorite restaurant picks in the next few days, and then you can take up to 2 weeks to send the article if you would like us to post it!
I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully we can feature your site under our featured blogs!
Cheers,

Julia
Website & Blog Partners
www.TheBesty.com
www.twitter.com/TheBestycom

TheBesty.com

Post a Comment